The company produces security fencing, gates, shelters, and guard rails. There are a lot of heavy sections that need to be moved around. They get involved not just in the design and manufacture but also the installation and emergency call out.
Duties to include;
- Knowledge of the organisation and the working environment
- Experience on the different types of machinery used in the role
- Knowledge of skills and experience needed
- Knowledge of training on offer
- Good insight into the role and the tasks and duties that form this.
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Good interpersonal skills and sense of responsibility
- Be proactive
- A keen desire to learn
- Good customer awareness
- Sense of responsibility
- H&S awareness/instinct
- Willing to listen and learn
- Team player
- Punctual and hard working
Maths And English Grade C / 4 or above
About the employer
The origins of the company go back to the mid 1920’s and the GB Griffiths building company. In 1952, GBG identified the need for a specialist high security fencing contractor and GBG Fences was born.
Today, over 60 years on, the company is still owned and run by the Griffiths family. They also have many loyal and longstanding members of staff who are all very important to them. One family has over 80 years’ service with the company between them!
Progression to employment or an Apprenticeship upon completion.
|Job Industry||Engineering & Manufacturing|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||June 2022|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Lean manufacturing operative Level 2 (GCSE)|
|Training Provider:||PTP Training Limited|