Got a question?
Skills Support for the Workforce
Are you a local employer?
Do you employ fewer than 250 people?
Is your annual turnover less than 50 million euros?
Is your business in one of the sectors listed?
- Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing
- Tourism and Leisure
- Professional and Business
- Digital and Creative Industries
- Health and Social Care
- Other Manufacturing
- Logistics and Distribution
If so, your staff could be eligible to receive fully funded training at zero cost to you as part of Skills Support for the Workforce, so they can progress within their role. Training programmes will be tailored to support development of your staff and growth of your business.
- A training needs analysis for your business
- Flexible training – mix and match individual units to suit your business needs
- On-the-job vocational training including taught learning, online learning and more
- Learning pathways supporting you employees to progress
- Recognised accredited qualifications to enhance your employees’ skills
Skill Support and Retraining is funded by the European Social Fund. PTP Training are one of the partners delivering SSW.
For more information, call Paul Smith on 01543 460050 or email email@example.com
Benefits for individuals
There is funding available for individuals to develop their own skills through the Adult Education Budget (AEB)
The AEB aims to engage adults and employers to provide the skills and learning needed in the region to equip adults for work, upskill individuals and find specialist training. The AEB enables more flexible, tailored programmes of learning to be made available in the West Midlands, to help eligible adults engage in learning, build confidence, enhance their wellbeing and provide future opportunities. We offer blended learning to ensure everyone can participate.
Benefits for employers
We have experience of working with both large national companies and SMEs across a wide range of industries. Every business has its own people, goals and challenges and our solution is to provide a range of apprenticeships, qualifications and training courses to help meet those goals and challenges.
We offer a Business Needs Analysis (BNA) Report at no cost, to identify areas within your business where there are gaps in people’s skills that could be filled leading to an increase in efficiency and performance.
Through this programme we analyse the business’s best asset - its workforce - and work closely with each client to understand their needs and offer the best solution to develop their workforce and in turn increasing productivity and motivation.
“PTP has helped us develop and grow our business and we wouldn’t work with any other training provider. We very often have two or three apprentices here at a time working towards a dental nursing qualification and it speaks volumes that we have offered every PTP apprentice a full-time position on completion of their training. PTP also help us continue staff development with its additional courses, from first aid to management training.”
We value our customers and have effective account management systems to ensure our clients receive a responsive and flexible service. Our highly qualified team are able to deliver a wide range of courses at your workplace or at one of our training centres, whilst having the flexibility to develop bespoke packages.
Our employer satisfaction rating is 92%
Survey January 2022
The benefits of training your staff are:
- Improved satisfaction and motivation levels
- Greater knowledge and skills
- Increased company performance
- Value for money
- Increased ability and confidence
- Reduced staff turnover
- Compliance with legislation
Our apprenticeship service
Apprenticeships can be a fantastic way to develop your existing team and attract new talent. We can provide the following assistance:
- Support to recruit new apprentices through our Search and Select Service, taking care of advertising, interviewing and shortlisting for your vacancy.
- Guidance on how they will affect your business and ways to maximise your return on investment, whether or not you are expecting to pay the levy.
- Health and safety check completed by our team to ensure your apprentices are protected.
- Regular reviews to keep you updated on the progress of your apprentices, whether you have a single learner or are running a large apprenticeship programme. Reports on progress and achievements can be provided as requested.
- Support to apply for any grants or incentive payments your company may be eligible for.
- E-learning systems, giving you and your apprentices access to resources at all times regardless of where you and they are located.
- A dedicated Learning and Development Tutor for each apprentice as well as an account manager who will be your point of contact for any questions about your apprenticeship programme.
- If you are a levy payer, we can offer support to manage your levy fund, getting the best value from your contributions while ensuring monthly payments are met.
- If you are not a levy payer, we will make paying for your apprentice as simple as possible by arranging to spread any contribution you need to make to the cost of training over the lifetime of the programme and accessing additional government funding directly.
“I wanted to take the opportunity to acknowledge and thank you for delivering our Skills for Success programme. The contribution of your team and trainers in helping to deliver training under this programme has had immense benefits for our organisation. I have noticed the improvement in both the motivation and capability of individuals who have gone through this programme. This has not only improved business skills but provided externally accredited qualification of employees. I have been impressed by the way in which you and your colleagues in Performance Through People have worked in partnership with our Learning and Development team.”
Your business is unique, and your staff are all individuals with their own strengths and opportunities for development. If you can’t find exactly what you feel your company needs in our directory, we can look at creating a bespoke training package tailored to give you the best return on investment.
Our trainers have a rich library of tried and tested learning content and combine this with client specific context and requirements to design and deliver high quality bespoke programmes. Below are some examples of how we can help.
- Management Development programme for graduates who had recently joined a business
- Bespoke programmes for Health and Safety training, including First Aid and more specialised courses, such as specific welding, AutoCAD, manufacturing processes
- IT training tailored to cover the elements that are most important for your workforce, using our pre-course questionnaire to ensure that each person is placed in a group to suit their knowledge and previous experience
- Rolling programmes of ILM certified qualifications to ensure managers and team leaders across the business are all working in a consistent manner and to a recognised standard
- Industry specific training courses for sectors as diverse as retail, health and social care and early years care
Funding to develop your staff may be available through the Skills Support for the Workforce Fund
“It was not just the course content which hit all the areas I was looking for, but the skill, ability, knowledge and personality of the tutor that made the course work. Performance Through People are well worth investing in as the value for money they are excellent”.