This qualification is designed to meet the initial and continuing professional development needs of learning and development practitioners who are involved in developing and assessing the skills, knowledge and competence of learners/ staff primarily in the workplace or in work-related programmes of learning.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge and skills in delivering effective learning and development provision and/ or carrying out assessment and assessment- related quality assurance activities for an organisation.
- learn about developing and assessing the skills, knowledge and competence of learners primarily in the workplace or in work-related programmes of learning.
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 or 4 qualification and develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
This qualification corresponds to the following job roles where the main purpose is the delivery of learning and development activities:
- In-house Trainers and Training Managers
- External Trainers, Managers and Consultants
- Assessors and Verifiers
- Workplace Managers and Supervisors
- Experienced staff with responsibility for the learning and development of colleagues who have less experience, skills and knowledge
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Learning and Development
- Reflect on and Improve Own Practice in Learning and Development
Learners and employers can choose from a variety of units available from the optional groups to make up the remaining credits for the qualification.
The qualification is delivered through a combination of training, guidance, support, self-study and activities in the workplace. On and off job training either through group sessions or on a one-to-one basis. The NVQ will be assessed using varied methods depending on learning style. A portfolio of evidence is required.
Those completing should be aware that although this is a level 3 qualification, learners will be required to meet the demands of a mandatory level 4 unit.
With additional training and support learners may have the opportunity to progress in their careers to a wide range of managerial roles within the business. Progression to Higher Education such as Foundation Degrees and undergraduate programmes is also an option.