Performance Through People have designed this course to enable qualified Dental Nurses to be able to apply Fluoride to a range of patients under the prescription of a Dentist. Dental Nurses will be able to apply both practical and theoretical knowledge after successful completion.
The topics that are included during the course are:
- Health and safety and Infection Control
- Medical emergencies and medical conditions
- Legal and ethical issues
- GDC and department of health guidelines
- Oral disease
- Patient management
- Fluoride and how it works
- Materials used during Fluoride application
- The correct process for Fluoride application
The Record of Experience:
The Record of Experience will be completed in a Dental Practice alongside a GDC Registered mentor (Dentist). The applicant will need to gain 10 case studies for the Record of Experience. This will be a mix of both adults and children. The mentor will provide feedback so that improvements can be made. When the Record of Experience has been completed the delegate will then receive the certificate of competence and 5 hours Verifiable CPD.
- GDC Registered Dental Nurse
- Up to date Basic Life Support training
- Access to patients in a Dental Practice to create a Record of Experience