The Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2020 have been postponed.
The annual event, which is run by news website BirminghamLive, was due to take place on July 2 at Edgbaston Stadium.
But the difficult decision has been taken to postpone the event as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, with a new date of Friday November 27 at the same venue. Entries will now remain open until Friday July 3.
The awards will celebrate individual excellence in six different business sectors alongside recognition for companies of all sizes and training providers.
Sectors for nominations include the following;
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Construction and Property Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Engineering and Manufacturing)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Health, Education and Care – Private or Public Sector), sponsored by Skillsfirst
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Professional Services)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Tech, Digital and Creative Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Travel, Tourism and Hospitality)
– Apprentice of the Year (chosen from the six category winners above)
– Small Employer of the Year (1-50 staff)
– Medium Employer of the Year (51-249 staff), sponsored by BCTG
– Large Employer of the Year (250+ staff), sponsored by The Development Manager
– Training Provider of the Year, sponsored by The Ladder Foundation
– Education Engagement Award, sponsored by Birmingham & Solihull Training Provider Network