This apprenticeship is suitable for people working as corporate or leisure travel consultants. Corporate travel consultants take care of the needs of business travellers, tailoring itineraries to ease their door to door experience and taking account of factors such as business facilities and corporate budgets and policies. Leisure travel consultants work in a fast paced, customer focused sales environment which aims to sell experiences and memories, matching customers to a variety of travel options within their budget. Providing excellent customer service and delivering complex travel arrangements can be part of both roles.
- Each apprentice will be allocated a training adviser who will visit them in the workplace on a monthly basis to provide training and support and monitor their progress and the training they are receiving from the employer.
- The employer will be invited to regular progress reviews.
- The end point assessment should only commence once the apprentice has developed all the knowledge, skills and behaviours defined in the apprenticeship standard.
- To help determine whether the apprentice is ready for end point assessment a meeting will take place involving the apprentice’s line manager, their training adviser and any other appropriate managers from the employer.
- Apprentices must have achieved a level 2 qualification in English and maths before being entered for their final apprenticeship assessment.
End Point Assessment
- Multiple choice knowledge test.
- Professional discussion focusing how they have performed during the apprenticeship and their overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours in the standard. The apprentice’s employer will be involved in the professional discussion.
- The apprentice can be awarded a pass, merit or distinction.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their apprenticeships. Click here to view our latest apprentice job vacancies.
Possible progression through promotion to a more senior or specialist role,which could include Team Leader and Management apprenticeships. The content of the apprenticeship standard for travel consultants has been approved by the Guild of Travel Management Companies (GTMC) and ABTA the Travel Association.