This course is designed for personnel that need to carry out welding operations on non-structural items. The focus is on the welding of mild steel components and based around simple repair operations.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand where to use MIG and MMA weld sets
- Understand how to set up the weld sets for different material thicknesses
- How to work safely with the welding equipment
- Carry out fillet, stitch, lap and butt welds
- Prepare material for welding
- Carry out a visual inspection of the welds
- Understand the features that make a good or a bad weld
We offer a range of welding courses, including bespoke packages, as well as engineering and manufacturing apprenticeships.