Brief Overview of the Role
As part of strengthening our Early Years provision, we are looking for three apprentices to complement our teacher and teaching assistant teams. The apprentices will be supporting children and staff with all areas of teaching and learning, under the direction of our teachers.
Duties to Include
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
- Supporting staff with preparation for teaching, including the creation and maintenance of EY indoor and outdoor areas.
- Supporting children with transitions, particularly at the start of the day.
- Supporting indoor and outdoor continuous provision.
- Acting as the highest standard of role model in language, behaviour and presentation.
- Providing feedback to teachers about the progress of children in relation to the EYFSP.
- Developing positive and professional relationships with parents and families.
- Working as part of a busy, effective team, showing initiative whilst adhering to school policies.
- Working in line with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
- General housekeeping duties
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Customer care skills
- Non judgemental
- Organisation skills
- Presentation skills
- Team working
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Working Hours and Wage
5 days (Mon - Fri) 8:20 - 16:00 (including 30 mins lunch) Term time only
Total hours per week: 36.5
A possible full-time role offered or a Level 3 progression.
Things to Consider
Candidates will need to pass an enhanced DBS check to start the role. Term Time Only
About the Company:
Bournville Village is a three-form entry primary school located at the centre of Bournville Village. We have a successful EYFS department led by passionate and experienced Early Years teachers. Across our three Reception classes, our staff provide rounded, exciting and academically challenging experiences for our youngest learners. By learning inside classrooms, in various outdoor areas and as part of events across the wider school, we aim to ensure all out children have the best foundation for their transition into Key Stage 1.
|Job Category||Early Years, Education, Teaching|
|Job Industry||Childcare, Education|
|Salary/Rate:||£10,021.44 to £19,777.16 Pro Rata (Term Time Only) |
|Contract Length:||18 Months |
|Start Date:||June 2023 |
|Job Reference:||VAC1000162445 |
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Level 2 |
|Training Provider:||PTP Training Limited |