Brief Overview of the Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to become part of the warehousing team at PSU Design Ltd. The apprentice will play a key role within the team to ensure all targets are met. Work activities include taking deliveries, checking for damaged/missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking/packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation.
Duties to Include
- Need to be able to lift goods up to 20k, trolley and electric pump truck provided
- Moving and storing palettes cleaning and tidying the warehouse General Health and Safety
- Goods In: Receipt of shipments and signing for the shipment after confirming the number of items
- Moving the stock into the warehouse and checking details of supplier delivery notes against quantity delivered
- Booking the stock onto the system which will require some degree of computer literacy
- Storing the stock onto the racks and bins
- Helping to pick parts from the kitting list for shop floor production
- Packing and despatch of finished goods (includes adding the correct labelling to the packing ready for dispatch)
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Customer care skills
- Physical fitness
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Working Hours and Wage
Monday – Thursday 8.15am – 4.45pm and Friday 8.15am – 2.00pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
A full-time job opportunity will be available to the chosen candidate at the end of the training.
Things to Consider
How will you travel to work?
About the Company:
PSU Designs has a large design facility at its West Midlands factory, with several senior engineers and additional engineering support staff, along with a vast resource in power supply test and proving equipment. The factory has full scale manufacturing on site with multiple conventional and surface mount assembly machines, transformer winding facility, several automatic power supply test stations and conveyor driven solder process, inspection and bracket lines. The entire facility has ISO9001 accreditation, is RoHS compliant, and complies with various European legislations on waste disposal and green issues. The factory is subject to regular inspections from approvals agencies such as UL, TUV and CSA.
|Job Category||Warehouse & Logistics|
|Job Industry||Warehousing & Logistics|
|Salary/Rate:||£9,379.50 per annum, £6.71 per hour for 18+|
|Contract Length:||15 Months|
|Start Date:||30 Mar 2023|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Level 2|
|Training Provider:||PTP Training Limited|