An excellent opportunity has become available for an apprentice to join the team at Independent Support. You will give support to both clients and team members in this rewarding role.
We are looking for warm, positive and enthusiastic individuals to provide person centered support to people with learning disabilities. You will work to make a difference and promote independence whilst enabling people to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life.
Duties to include
- Giving non-discriminatory care to service users
- Record and report all relevant information
- Working with therapists and doctors to ensure consistency of support
- Supporting and monitoring healthcare and needs
- Teaching life skills and supporting new hobbies and interests
- Helping with personal hygiene e.g. toileting
- Support with eating and drinking
- Helping clients to access community facilities
- Cleaning and cooking will be required on a rota basis
- Planning and delivering activities to service users
Shifts are on a 2 week rolling rota and will include weekday and weekend work.
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Good timekeeping
- Team player
- Good communication skills
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and compassionate personality. Candidates will need to have a mature attitude to work and be able to remain calm in difficult situations.
GCSE Grade 4/C or equivalent qualification in English and maths.
About the Employer
Independent support provide person centred care and support solutions for individuals with learning disabilities within a residential, supported living and community placements.
Our staff provide appropriate support to people and do not discriminate against them. We enhance the quality of people’s lives by assisting them to develop confidence and new skills.
Things to consider
Candidates will need to pass a DBS check to start the role.
Candidates may be required to work late due to day trips.
|Job Category||Care Support, Health and Social Care|
|Job Industry||Childcare, Healthcare|
|Salary/Rate:||£204.40/ per week|
|Contract Length:||15 Months|
|Start Date:||June 2022|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Adult care worker Level 2|
|Training Provider:||PTP Training Limited|