This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing saddlery business. The successful candidates will be working with a highly experienced team of saddle tree makers, learning both woodworking and engineering skills.
Duties to include;
- Preparation, staining, assembly of leather goods
- Machine and manual stitching
- Keeping the work area tidy
- Following company guidance and adhering to health and safety policy
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Candidates must have the ability to work on their own initiative and those that have some knowledge or experience of manufacturing, engineering or reading drawings would be at an advantage
- Candidates must be accurate and, above all, take pride in their work
- The successful candidate will be a team player who understands what is required to continue to do well under pressure.
- The successful candidate will be positive and outgoing with dedication and patience to achieve outstanding results
- Questioning when unsure and recognising the limit to their own ability
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
At The Ideal Saddle Company, we offer an extensive range of saddle models, to cover all disciplines of equestrianism.
Each style has developed in response to changes in horse breeding, training, competition and rider requirements and we create saddles to suit all riders and horses, for training and competition at any level.
At the heart of every saddle is the saddle tree. Originally solely crafted by hand the saddle tree, through continuous design and development is now an engineered hybrid- combining traditional Ply materials in conjunction with state-of-the-art CNC routing, computer digitisation and utilising laser cut parts. Saddle Tree manufacturing is now fusion of hand craft and modern manufacturing techniques to create simply some of the best saddle trees manufactured in the UK.
Progression depends on the person and this will be reviewed throughout the apprenticeship and decided on completion. It is hoped that the successful applicant will have their hard work and dedication rewarded by a full-time position. The right candidate will have the opportunity to continue to develop their skills and become part of the small team on a permanent basis.
|Job Category||Engineering, Manufacturing|
|Job Industry||Engineering & Manufacturing|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||July 2022|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2|
|Training Provider:||PTP Training Limited|