To provide customer-focused, accurate and consistent advice and support to managers and employees in line with organisational policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
Duties to include
- Provide first line advice to managers and employees within the shared services team
- Promptly answer high volumes of incoming HR calls and making outbound calls where necessary to report back and resolve queries
- Understand and be able to give advice on HR policies, processes and procedures to employees and managers
- Escalate individual or complex HR queries to a HR Officer
- Identify trends through queries to suggest amendments and process improvement as required
- Working to tight deadlines and within service level agreements
- Work collaboratively with own team and across other HR functions
- Support the operational HR team and take notes in low level disciplinaries where required, ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed and HR SLA’s are met.
- Accurately enter data onto the HR Database (MyHR) system
- Conduct security checks on new employees through adherence to the Asylum and Immigration regulations, obtaining employment references where necessary
- Prepare and issue all paperwork in relation to appointments, disciplinaries, terminations and variations of employment as and when required
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of “The Blakemore Way” and appropriate levels of the Competency Framework
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with Data Protection Act
- Demonstrate commitment to Equality, Inclusion and Diversity
- Comply with Health and Safety responsibilities in line with the company Health, Safety & Environmental Policy
- Comply with all other policy and legal requirements in relation to role
Monday to Friday 9-5 (TBC)
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good timekeeping
- IT literate
- Good Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Professional conduct
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent qualifications in English and maths.
About the employer
A.F. Blakemore is the largest division of SPAR UK, owning 290 SPAR stores and serving more than 1,000 in total across England and Wales. The company is also the largest member of the Landmark Wholesale group and a significant supplier to the independent grocery sector across the UK.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with integrity. Underpinning everything that A.F. Blakemore does is the company’s values statement, the Blakemore Way. This highlights what A.F. Blakemore stands for and the way that the company has always done and will continue to do business.
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||June 2022|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||HR Support Level 3|
|Training Provider:||PTP Training Limited|