Happy Kidz Day Care is looking for a positive and upbeat person to join their team based in Wolverhampton. The chosen candidate will support the team and strive to ensure that children receive the highest care and supported development.
All our staff are hardworking and dedicated to their role in supporting the children and their families. We are a strong family working team who strive to give the children the best possible start in life.
Duties to include
- Care and supervision of children assisting with their physical, emotional and development needs
- Plan, prepare and deliver activities to meet children’s individual needs
- Observe and record observations of children’s learning and development
- Establish good relationships with children, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately by being a key person
- Gather evidence of children’s learning and produce learning journals
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities
- Work as part of a team
- Follow and adhere to nursery policies and procedures including child protection policies
Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00. Working hours to be confirmed. Term Time Only.
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Knowledge of planning, delivering and observing activities completed with children
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English is essential as a big part of the role is to liaise with staff, parents, and professionals on a daily basis
- Experience working with SEN and challenging children
- Must have good knowledge of EYFS
- Well mannered
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Good sense of humour
- Mature and professional attitude
- Caring and friendly
- Desire to work with children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Committed to undertaking study in your own time as well as committing to work-based training
- Good at multi-tasking and time management
- Committed to both the welfare and development of children
- Ability to work well on your own initiative or as part of a team
- An understanding of children’s physical, social, intellectual and emotional development
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
About the Employer
Our mission statement at Bingley Happy Kidz is ‘To provide the best quality care and education for children aged 2 to 4 years in a nurturing and stimulating environment’. Where both children and parents are welcomed to our home from home setting. We take great pride in our natural and friendly environment, welcoming all children into our quality provision. We have two large nursery rooms and secure gardens which are used throughout the day, where our children enjoy free flow through their natural environment.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will have the opportunity to apply for any full-time vacancies available and further their career in the Early Years sector.
Things to consider
Candidates will be subject to a criminal records check (DBS).
This is a fast-paced working environment dealing with children’s challenging behaviours and need to be able to liaise with parents with confidence.
This is term time only, Salary will be pro-rata.
|Job Category||Childcare, Early Years|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||June 2022|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Early years practitioner Level 2|
|Training Provider:||PTP Training Limited|