The Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2020 will now be a
virtual ceremony hosted online.
The annual event, which is run by BirminghamLive in partnership with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham campaign, had been put back from its original July date until November because of the coronavirus crisis.
But the ongoing restrictions surrounding social distancing and mass gatherings have meant a physical ceremony is unlikely to be possible so it will now be hosted online.
The awards will celebrate individual excellence in six different business sectors, including the overall Apprentice of the Year, alongside recognition for companies of all sizes and training providers.
As a result of moving the ceremony online, the deadline has been extended until Friday September 18, offering much more time for nominations to be submitted.
There are also opportunities for commercial partners to get involved in the ceremony as an event sponsor.
Click here to submit a nomination and visit the Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2020 website here.
Link for nomination form:
Link for event website:
BirminghamLive editor Anna Jeys
said: “It is disappointing we won’t be able to celebrate the achievements
of our winners and finalists in person in November but preparations are already
under way to host a spectacular digital ceremony.
“The move to an online only event has enabled us to extend the nominations deadline significantly so there is now even more time to submit your entries.
“We have already received some excellent submissions and we look forward to welcoming even more over the coming weeks and months.”
The 2020 award categories are:
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Construction and Property Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Engineering and Manufacturing), sponsored by Birmingham Metropolitan College
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Health, Education and Care – Private or Public Sector), sponsored by Skillsfirst
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Professional Services)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Tech, Digital and Creative Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Travel, Tourism and Hospitality)
– Apprentice of the Year (chosen from the six category winners above)
– Small Employer of the Year (1-50 staff)
– Medium Employer of the Year (51-249 staff), sponsored by BCTG
– Large Employer of the Year (250+ staff), sponsored by The Development Manager
– Training Provider of the Year, sponsored by The Ladder Foundation
– Education Engagement Award, sponsored by Birmingham & Solihull Training Provider Network
Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership is also an event supporter.
The awards are run in conjunction with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham campaign, an initiative launched in 2018 aimed at creating 1,000 new apprenticeships in Birmingham and Solihull. To find out more about the Ladder campaign and how employing apprentices can benefit your business, visit ladderforbirmingham.co.uk or call 03332 409 699