This course is designed for anyone who is working in a pressurised or stressful situation whether it is within their job role or their relationships at work.
This course is intended to develop the delegate’s understanding of stress and how it affects their performance at work. We will look at how stress develops; the perceptions that it causes and how you can take more control of the situation; knowing how to use pressure to improve achievement at work. We often need pressure to motivate us and by the end of the session, delegates will have a personal plan for managing their own stress levels and strategies for using pressure effectively.
By the end of the workshop you will;
- Understand what stress is
- Raise your own awareness of stress
- Recognise the people most at risk of stress
- Know the difference between Type A and Type B Behaviour
- Know what the causes of stress at work are
- Know how to recognise when you are stressed
- Identify short term physical symptoms and their effects on performance
- Understand how to use pressure effectively
- Appreciate the effect and behavioural symptoms of long term stress
- Manage stress in yourself
- Develop personal plans and strategies to help you cope
We offer a full range of management qualifications, courses and apprenticeships.