This apprenticeship is suitable for people working in a Team Leader role in a retail setting, which may include deputising for the manager in their absence. One of the most significant aspects of the role is guiding and coordinating the work of the rest of the team to ensure tasks are completed and sales are maximised. They should also ensure service and merchandising standards and company policies are adhered to.
- Each apprentice will be allocated a training adviser who will visit them in the workplace on a monthly basis to provide training and support and monitor their progress and the training they are receiving from the employer.
- The employer will be invited to regular progress reviews.
- The end point assessment should only commence once the apprentice has developed all the knowledge, skills and behaviours defined in the apprenticeship standard.
- To help determine whether the apprentice is ready for end point assessment a meeting will take place involving the apprentice’s line manager, their training adviser and any other appropriate managers from the employer. Apprentices must have achieved a level 2 qualification in English and maths before being entered for their final apprenticeship assessment.
End Point Assessment
- 60 minute multiple choice test.
- Retail project.
- One hour professional discussion focusing on how they have performed during the apprenticeship and their overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours in the standard. The apprentice’s manager should also be present at the professional discussion.
- The apprentice can be awarded a pass or distinction.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their apprenticeships. It is expected that candidates will have worked in an operational role in the retail sector. Click here to view our latest apprentice job vacancies.
Possible progression routes include promotion to a junior management position which could include a Retail Manager or more general management apprenticeship.