If you believe that the success of the organisation depends ultimately on the quality of its staff, then the task of recruiting and selecting those staff is one of the most important decisions that a manager has to make.
For recruitment and selection, a strategic approach should be taken, where the candidate is selected on their suitability for the future, and their ability to contribute to achievement of the organisations goals. This course will enable the manager to identify the stages of recruitment, and carry out an accurate assessment of candidates, using objective interviewing techniques.
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for individuals that are responsible for recruitment.
- Identify the stages of the recruitment and selection process
- Design a plan for an effective interview
- Recognise the importance of preparation
- Identify and develop interview skills
- State the requirement of a follow up process
- Identify recruitment needs
- Preparation of a recruitment plan
- The use of job descriptions and person specifications
- Understand how to recruit within equality legislation
- The interview as an assessment tool
- Understand the benefits of measurable criteria so that interviews are considered and objective.
- Assessment of candidates
- Interview skills practice
We offer a full range of Management courses and qualifications.