This workshop is designed for people who are delivering personal care in any environment, whether they are working in a care home or in domiciliary care. It is suitable for new staff or staff who have been in the role for some time but wish to refresh their knowledge and develop their skills.
To ensure that attendees are aware of the importance of dignity and person centred approaches when providing personal care.
By the end of the workshop you will have a greater understanding of:
- Person centred care and how to enable individuals to look after their personal hygiene while maintaining their dignity
- Care plans and why they are important
- Communication and trust and how to build a consistent, professional relationship
- How to deliver various aspects of personal care
- Signs and symptoms to look out for and when to seek additional advice
We offer a full range of health and social care qualifications, courses and apprenticeships.