This course provides delegates with the basic knowledge and essential skills to enable them to manage small to medium sized projects effectively.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those individuals that are project leaders.
The course is highly practical and includes simulated projects undertaken in groups. As the course is in-plant, delegates will have the opportunity to address their own problems or concerns.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Being a Project Manager – what makes a good Project Manager and what skills are vital to successful outcomes.
- Leading the project
- Getting the right people for Project Teams – looking at the people in the team, using Edward De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
- The Project Management Cycle – the process side of projects
- Scoping the Project, understanding the goals, know what you want to achieve
- The Planning Cycle – understanding the stages of planning, the basic tools and techniques – useful aids to successful planning such as Critical Paths, Timelines
- Implementing the Project – Managing the Timelines
- Implementation and Communication
- Evaluating the Project Outcome
We offer a full range of Management qualifications and short courses.