This course is designed to ensure those persons using fork lift trucks understand and implement the procedures required to ensure safe use of forklift trucks.
This course aims to ensure all employees operating fork lift trucks are competent and are tested to the required level, reducing damage and increasing site safety. This course will give delegates the basic knowledge and experience in fork lift truck driving.
This course provides individuals with skills and knowledge of using a fork lift truck safely and in line with industry standards. The course will cover:
- Awareness of employees’/employers’ duties under the Health 7 Safety at Work Act 1974
- Awareness of the Approved Code of Practice
- Awareness of Operators’ Safety Code
- Negotiating left and right hand 90 degree turns forward and reverse, in close confines
- Carrying out daily pre start checks
- Assessing weight and correct method of moving loads
- Picking up, carrying and depositing loads at low level, eye level and high level
- Passing practical driving test
- Passing written theory exam
Following successful completion of this course, individuals will be qualified for three years. Before this expires a refresher course will need to be completed to continue certification.
We offer a full range of health and safety courses as well as warehouse and logistics qualifications and apprenticeships.