Knowing your rights, your employee’s right and making sure you get it right.
Employment law can be a minefield for some businesses, but there are some simple rules to follow and this course is designed to help you recognise what these are. No one can be an expert in every area of the laws relating to employment, but there are a number of simple and common sense things that you can do to avoid the cost and distraction of employment tribunals. This course is intended to give you clear guidelines and pointers to help safeguard your business.
- To have an understanding of the legislation regarding employment law and what it means.
- Appreciate the implications of the law and the legal ramifications of not adhering to the legislation.
- To build plans to be able to avoid disciplinary and grievance’s or employment tribunals.
- Introduction – why getting this right is important
- The Cycle of Employment – looking at the process of employment from recruitment to termination
- Recruitment – doing it right and within the law.
- Dismissal Claims – How to terminate employment fairly
- How to avoid unwittingly discriminating against workers on grounds of Sex,
Pregnancy, Race, Disability, Sexual orientation, Religious Belief
- Age discrimination – where are we?
- Current Burning Issues
- Harassment in the Workplace – a session to look at some of the areas where businesses go wrong in managing their people.
- Updates Session – the final session will update the workshop on any changes in employment law during the last 12 months.
We offer a full range of management qualifications, courses and apprenticeships.