This apprenticeship is suitable for those working in a range of positions across different sectors. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities. The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
- Each apprentice will be allocated a training adviser who will visit them in the workplace on a monthly basis to provide training and support and monitor their progress and the training they are receiving from the employer.
- Apprentices will also attend workshops.
- The employer will be invited to regular progress reviews.
- The end point assessment should only commence once the apprentice has developed all the knowledge, skills and behaviours defined in the standard.
- To help determine whether the apprentice is ready for end point assessment a meeting will take place involving the apprentice’s line manager, their training adviser and any other appropriate managers from the employer.
- Apprentices must have achieved a level 2 qualification in English and maths before being entered for their final apprenticeship assessment.
End Point Assessment
- Multiple choice knowledge test (20%)
- 30-45 minute portfolio based interview (40%)
- Project presentation with question and answer session (40%)
- Apprentices can be awarded a pass or distinction.
Employers will set selection criteria for their own apprenticeships.
Possible progressions to senior support or management roles and higher level qualifications and apprenticeships, including management.