BirminghamLive and the Ladder for Greater Birmingham have partnered up to celebrate the rising stars of tomorrow with the launch of a new apprenticeship awards.
The Ladder for Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2019 will recognise apprentices, their employers and educational institutions across 12 different categories including crowning our overall Apprentice of the Year.
They are open now and ready to receive nominations – click through here to enter.
The launch coincides with National Apprenticeship Week which celebrates the impact of apprenticeships on individuals, employers and the economy this week.
The award categories are:
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Construction)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Digital & Creative Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Engineering & Manufacturing)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Financial & Business Services)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Health, Education & Care – Private or Public Sector)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Public & Charitable Sector)
– Birmingham Apprentice of the Year (chosen from the six category winners above)
– Small Employer of the Year (1-50)
– Medium Employer of the Year (51 -249)
– Large Employer of the Year (250+)
– Birmingham Apprenticeship Training Provider of the Year
– Schools Engagement Award
The awards are part of our Ladder for Greater Birmingham campaign which launched last summer and is aiming to create 1,000 new apprenticeships in Birmingham and Solihull.
The Ladder initiative is run by community development group The Vine Trust and training provider Performance Through People with funding from the Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP (GBSLEP) and Birmingham and Solihull Training Provider Network, with BirminghamLive as media partner.
It has already enjoyed successful campaigns in London, Staffordshire, the Black Country and Shropshire and is now creating new jobs and opportunities in Greater Birmingham.