The latest feedback from people receiving support through BBO Bridges, which is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund, shows the impact that the project is having on people’s lives.
The BBO Bridges project aims to support people who may have barriers preventing them from working to develop their skills and move on to further training or work.
- 67% of participants feel more motivated to search for and apply for jobs or enquire about training courses and/or volunteering opportunities
- 75% of participants with multiple barriers report increased confidence and self-esteem as a result of accessing the support provided by the project
- 65% of participants report they feel more optimistic about their future
- 73% of participants report they feel more confident in presenting skills to employers
- Everyone taking part in the project has worked to co-design a personal action plan