Got a question?
What is a traineeship and how can it benefit my business?
A Traineeship is a short programme for young people aged between 16-24 which aims to provide skills and knowledge to pursue a full apprenticeship or full-time work. Central to a traineeship is a period of work experience with an employer.
PTP Training Ltd offers employers the opportunity to take on a trainee to support the development of the business and help equip the trainee with the skills and knowledge required to progress onto an apprenticeship.
How do PTP support employers with Traineeships?
We support our employers through the traineeship process from beginning to end. Our aim is to provide you with a trainee matched to your place of work, who you can develop and mould into the requirements of the role, so they are able to thrive in your workplace.
We support employers by:
- Providing the right trainee for the job role
- Developing trainees, to build transferable skills and knowledge relevant to your industry
- Maintaining contact with trainees to monitor their progress and provide advice
- Progressing a trainee onto an apprenticeship at your company
A Traineeship can benefit your business through:
- Allowing access to assess the suitability of a young person prior to progressing them to a paid role or an apprenticeship
- Building the work experience period as a long interview process that could then lead onto an apprenticeship
- Giving current employees experience in training and mentoring
Employers who make new work experience opportunities available may also be eligible to receive an incentive payment of £1,000 per learner. To learn more about this, click here. If you can offer a work experience placement to a young person to gauge their suitability for a role, there is no cost other than supporting them with travel and lunch costs to the place of work.
What are the responsibilities for having a trainee?
- A trainee must spend at least 70 hours on work experience with an employer
- Upon completion of a traineeship employers must provide either an interview for an apprenticeship, a job, or an exit interview with written feedback on performance
We can also help you design a traineeship that will meet your business needs. Contact our Search and Select team on
03332 408302 or email email@example.com. to learn more.