This qualification is suitable for people who are working in children or young people’s services in roles such as nursery worker/assistant or care assistant.
- Child and Young Person Development
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Help Improve Own and Team Practice in Schools
- Maintain and Support Relationships With Children and Young People
- Safeguarding The Welfare of Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Support Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Support Learning Activities
Learners and employers can choose from a variety of units available from the optional groups to make up the remaining credits for the qualification.
The qualification is delivered through a combination of training, guidance, support, self-study and activities in the workplace. On and off job training either through group sessions or on a one-to-one basis. The NVQ will be assessed using varied methods depending on learning style, including direct observation in the workplace. A portfolio of evidence is required.
There are no formal entry requirements, however candidates should have basic literacy, communication and ICT skills.
This qualification provides learners with a good starting point and enables them to work in the classroom under supervision. Learners can progress onto level 3 qualifications which will allow them to work unsupervised in more senior roles. There are also opportunities for learners to move into the wider children’s workforce, such as childcare or play work.