This course will enable delegates to manage performance through objectives and standard setting and understand how appraisal meetings fit within a performance management system, as well as increasing their awareness of best practice when preparing for and conducting appraisal meetings.
Who should attend?
Suitable for individuals who carry out staff appraisals and are looking to build their confidence and effectiveness in this essential skill. This includes managers, supervisors, HR officers and anyone with responsibility for managing staff.
- Why manage performance?
- When Performance Reviews don’t work
- Performance Development Review Preparation
- Assessing Performance Objectively
- Planning Constructive Feedback
- Using the Feedback Planner
- Asking Open and Reflective Questions
- Active Listening
- Appraisal and Performance Review Techniques
- Dealing with Difficult Interviews
- After the Review Meeting – Monitoring Progress
We offer a full range of management courses, qualifications and apprenticeships.