This apprenticeship is suitable for hospitality team members working in a range of establishments, for example bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers. The role is very varied and although hospitality team members tend to specialise in an area, they must be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business. All apprentices must complete core aspects and then choose a specialism from Food and Beverage Service, Alcoholic Beverage Service, Barista, Food Production, Concierge and Guest Service, Housekeeping, Reception, Reservations and Conference and Events Operations.
- Each apprentice will be allocated a training adviser who will visit them in the workplace on a monthly basis to provide training and support and monitor their progress and the training they are receiving from the employer.
- Classroom sessions for the enhanced content, including a technical certificate and food safety, licensing and allergen courses as appropriate.
- The employer will be invited to regular progress reviews.
- End point assessment should only commence once the apprentice has developed the knowledge, skills and behaviours defined in the apprenticeship standard.
- To help determine whether the apprentice is ready for end point assessment a meeting will take place involving the apprentice’s line manager, their training adviser and any other appropriate managers from the employer. Apprentices must have achieved a level 1 qualification and attempted level 2 in English and maths before being entered for their assessment. The proposal for the business project must be approved by a representative of the end point assessment before commencement.
End Point Assessment
- 90 minute multiple choice test.
- Business project.
- Two hour practical observation where the employer should be present.
- 40 minute professional discussion focusing on how they have performed during the apprenticeship and their overall achievement of the knowledge, skills and behaviours in the standard.
- The apprentice can be awarded a pass or distinction.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their apprenticeships. Click here to view our latest apprentice job vacancies.
Opportunities to progress to team leader or supervisory roles, which may include a Hospitality Supervisor or generic Team Leading apprenticeship.