This apprenticeship is suitable for people working in a range of customer service roles, both face to face and over the phone. It can also be suitable for those working in call centres. People completing this apprenticeship will be providing high quality service to customers. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction.
- Each apprentice will be allocated a training adviser who will visit them in the workplace on a monthly basis to provide training and support and monitor their progress and the training they are receiving from the employer.
- The employer will be invited to regular progress reviews.
- The end point assessment should only commence once the apprentice has developed all the knowledge, skills and behaviours defined in the standard.
- To help determine whether the apprentice is ready for end point assessment a meeting will take place involving the apprentice’s line manager, their training adviser and any other appropriate managers from the employer.
- Apprentices must have achieved a level 1 qualification in English and maths and attempted level 2 before being entered for their final apprenticeship assessment.
End Point Assessment
- Apprentice Showcase (evidence to show they meet the required standards).
- Practical observation of at least one hour.
- One hour professional discussion, which can include scenario based questions.
- The apprentice can be awarded a pass or distinction.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their apprenticeships. Click here to view our latest apprentice job vacancies.
Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level. The Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship or general Team Leader or Management apprenticeships may be a suitable next step.