Everything you need to know about Apprenticeships. Whether you are 16 or 52 an Apprenticeship could open the door to a new career. Apprenticeships allow you to get hands on experience whilst gaining a recognised qualification. They are built to support learners through the experience.
What is an Apprenticeship?
If you’re not entirely sure what an Apprenticeship is, you may be hesitant to apply to one. We’re here to help. On an Apprenticeship you are employed by a real company to do a real job. As well as being employed you will work towards a recognised qualification, you will do this by visiting one of our training centres. Once you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship you will have vital work experience to add to your CV, as well as your qualification. With your new Apprenticeship under your belt you can either choose a higher-level apprenticeship or take the next step in your career.
If you haven’t achieved your Maths and English grades when you leave school. We offer functional skills training to get you up to that level and open new doors.
How Long does an Apprenticeship Last?
The length of an Apprenticeship can vary. As a rough guide we advise that Apprenticeships can last between one to six years.
Our Intermediate Apprenticeships last between 12 months to 18 months.
Our Advanced Apprenticeships last on average 24 months.
Higher level and degree Apprenticeships can take three to six years to complete.
You will be advised of the exact length of time by our team when you apply to one of our vacancies.
Is there an age limit?
At Performance Through People we are not age discriminatory. There is no upper age limit to our Apprenticeships, as you are never to old to change careers and learn something new. As long as you are 16 and over and have completed full time education you may be eligible to an apprenticeship.
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
- You can earn while you learn. The opportunity to earn a salary whilst gaining a qualification. From 1st April 2019 this must be a minimum of £3.90 an hour.
- When working towards an apprenticeship with Performance Through People you will be assigned a tutor. This means you will receive support from the company you work with, as well as your Tutor. Throughout your journey you Tutor will be there to offer guidance, monitor your progress and then can help you address any concerns you may have. So, you are never alone in your journey.
- As you will be an employee you will receive relevant training and learn job specific skills. You will gain practical experience on the job from people with experience in our chosen field.
- Once you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to progress to a higher-level Apprenticeship, up the career ladder or to university
- Over 90% of Apprentices stay in employment and a third of Apprentices are promoted
Performance Through People offer Apprenticeships in the following sectors:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Dental Nursing
- Early Years Care
- Health and Social Care
- Management and Team Leading
- Sales and Marketing
- Travel Services
- Warehousing and Storage
We also work with The Ladder for Greater Birmingham, a campaign set up to widen the Apprenticeships available to learners. To learn more visit our Ladder for Greater Birmingham page below.
If you need to discuss anything further then please call our Advisers on 03332 408302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our learner satisfaction rating is 95% (Source: Skills Funding Agency FE Choices)